Where are they now?

These hats are hats that are no longer with us...Lost on the streets of distant countries.

The first hat, a simple cable beanie was knit for The Boy when we lived in Japan. I can't remember what pattern or yarn I used, and it was done before I had a blog, or even a knitting notebook, so I have no notes. It would have been one of my first projects. It was lost one evening, very sad...

The second beanie was knit without a pattern, just a basic hat, and random stripes according to how much yarn I had left. It was completed in England, for The Boy, and again, lost.

Now this sounds like The Boy is very irresponsible and disrespecting of hand-knitted goods. Quite the opposite. He is the most appreciative and supportive of my knitting and craft hobbies, and is always pleased and proud to wear something I knit him. I've heard him tell people (completely apropos of nothing) that the article he is wearing was knit by me. But everyone can lose hats, and this is proved by the fact that I too have lost one.

The third hat is the Cabled Newsboy Hat (Ravelry link) from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. It was the first project I made that used knitting in the round and cables. I was so proud of myself, and I loved wearing it. The yarn was a Japanese yarn, Puppy brand, and had alpaca in it. It was so cozy and warm. I lost it one day when we were in London, I had lots of bags with me and was getting hot and flustered, I took it off and put it on the top of my handbag. I realised soon after that I had lost it, we looked in the streets and asked at the counter of shops we had been into but it was gone. I do wonder what happened to it.

I've always meant to knit another one, this might be the year I do. And the boy has had the same beanie that I knit for him as a replacement for the other, he's had it for years now and not managed to lose it!

Check out other blogs posting on this topic by clicking on this link or searching for 2KCBWDAY4 in google.

2 comments:

Fay Lynn said...

Well that is such a sad story. Lost knitting.........

Anonymous said...

Those hats are very cute XD