My Creative Space - and my 1st postcard!

My first postcard in the iHanna Postcard Swap from A Bird in the Hand
I have been very busy making postcards for the iHanna Postcard swap. I have the addresses for ten people to send postcards to, and will be getting ten handmade postcards sent to me!

I found the first one in my letterbox yesterday afternoon, isn't it gorgeous! You can see the others she made at A Bird in the Hand. It makes me feel a bit embarrassed about my own. I have been working on them a bit everyday this week, and am hoping to finish them today.

My creative space is the lounge room floor:


My idea was to create mosaic pictures with torn out scraps from magazines. I started putting the little scraps in shoebox lids, but quickly ran out of room, and am now using the floor. Of course, little pieces of paper are being tracked through the apartment....

I  should be finished them all by today, and tomorrow I'll do a post showing the completed postcards! If you'd like to see more handmade postcards, check out iHanna's blog post.

If you'd like to see more creative spaces, check out Kootoyoo

6 comments:

Rogue Butterfly said...

Those mosaic pieces looks so pretty, can't wait to see the finished postcard!

Nicki said...

Oh this looks like such an exciting project!

TJ said...

Hi Genki!
Hey don't ever be embarrassed about your cards girl... I think your mosaic idea is awesome and I hope you post the finished product so we can see!

Best wishes from germany,
tj

Tania said...

Floor craft is the most exciting craft - just a bummer about the inevitable need to clean...

Ellen said...

Don't feel embarrassed. Your mosaic work will have a different feel than another artist's work. Can't wait to see the postcards - what a neat idea - a swap. My kids took part in ATC swap once and enjoyed it. Haven't done anything like it since. Thanks for visiting!

Seaweed and Raine said...

Don't be embarrassed - I think that is great idea! I'll have to go and have a look at the finished product now :)