Completed postcards for iHanna's Postcard Swap!

Okay, after days of creating mess, I've finished all my postcards for the handmade postcard swap on iHanna's Blog.

handmade postcard-countrysidehandmade postcard - red patchworkhandmade postcard - rainbowhandmade postcard - pink patchworkhandmade postcard - lavabursthandmade postcard - greenshandmade postcard - flowerhandmade postcard - fishhandmade postcard - circleshandmade postcard - beach
They were quite labour-intensive! I first went through all my old magazines and cut out and pictures with interesting colours, patterns or textures. Then I tore those into small pieces and sorted out by colour. I sketched basic designs as a plan, then pasted each torn up piece individually on to the postcard using Clag glue. With two of the postcards, I was losing motivation and inspiration with the mosaic style, so I instead, I pasted larger pieces in a patchwork style, with little pictures on top, using colours as a theme.

In the end, I'm pleased with how they turned out, I haven't done paper craft since highschool/uni, so it was a new craft method for me. I have always loved mosaics and that was obviously a big inspiration for me. I will post them out today, my postcards are going all over the world!

There is a Flickr group if you'd like to see what other people have been creating!

19 comments:

Rogue Butterfly said...

Those are beautiful, I especially love the rainbow one.

creativelenna said...

These are great!

creativelenna said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog : ) your postcards are really like mini paintings/collages with the technique you've used, i love it!

Joyfulploys said...

These are absolutely stunning! I do collage too but nothing that tiny. I can understand why you got tired but the mosaic ones are great, as well!
Mary

Anonymous said...

These really are beautiful!

Andria said...

Love that mosaic look!

thebigmango said...

It's clear that they were a lot of effort. The results are worth it though!

http://inlailascorner.blogspot.com said...

What beautiful cards and what a clever idea. Isn't it exiting to participate? Love your blog too.
Laila. XOXO

Rachel Mims said...

I like your cards - looks like you put a lot of love into them.

mirapeix said...

thanks so so much i received mine this morning in sf, california. i love it, i appreciate all the hard work you did. cheers!

Unknown said...

Sweet cards, thanks for sharing.

EWian

iHanna said...

Oh wow, they are amazing. I love everyone of them Genki, and those who receive them will be so happy I'm sure!

Fanie.ca said...

Theses are very cool. :-) I hope I'll get one of yours. Eheh! *cross fingers*

Sarah said...

gorgeous mosaics! I really can't wait to see what lands on my doorstep in a couple of weeks time, the variety of postcards I have already seen on blogs has been wonderful.

Monica said...

hi
beutiful, very beautiful your postcard
kiss
Monica
www.monicc.wordpress.com

kate said...

Gorgeous ... We had similar ideas you and me!

amy said...

More mosaics! Aren't they lovely. I admire the patience that went into them, too.

Melanie said...

Very cute. Now if you can send the one if the beach and palm tree to me!!!!!!!! So fun to see all the different styles everyone has.

Anonymous said...

I can imagine how much time these took, but they are so colorful and make me smile. xox Corrine