New Look 6803

Pattern Description:
Loose tunic dress with a obi-style belt. I made view A with E (the belt).

Pattern Sizing:
10 - 22, I used size 16

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Mostly!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, very easy, even the pockets.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It was really fast and easy, it is the first thing I've completed and actually worn! It IS a lot bigger and loose than the picture indicates, but once worn with belt looked quite good, as that style with over-emphasized hips is quite trendy at the moment.

Fabric Used:
A cotton blend from Lincraft

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None. I did use a silver satin to make the back ofthe belt, it shows as a contrast around the edging.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, I want to try view D, the kaftan one as a beach cover-up.

Conclusion:
I was really pleased with the way it turned out. I know it's not perfect, but I made it in one day and wore it to Ladies Day at the races. The best thing is, I told my friends I was making a dress, and they didn't realise for quite a while that I was wearing it!
New Look 6803

2 comments:

loreleijayne said...

Can i ask what fabric you used?

loreleijayne said...

Can i ask what fabric you used?