This weekend I:
- Made Vietnamese style iced coffee
- Finished reading Elijah's Mermaid by Essie Fox
- Watched Life of Pi
- Listened to a lot of music and selected a shortlist for the Triple J Hottest 100
- Went out for Japanese for my sister's birthday
- Watched a friend's band play
We've been meaning to make Vietnamese style iced coffee for ages, well actually for 6 years, ever since we visited Vietnam and had it nearly every day! Basically, you just mix fresh brewed coffee with lots of ice and sweetened condensed milk. It's really sweet, but lovely as a treat on a hot day.
I finished Elijah's Mermaid, I couldn't put it down until I had discovered all the secrets! I did guess a couple of the twists, but nevertheless, I really enjoyed it.
Life of Pi was amazing, I was a little apprehensive about seeing it as I loved the book, but the movie was so visually stunning, I'm really glad they made it!
Did you have a good weekend?