FO - Cute Little Girl Sunhat

Crochet sun hat

I crocheted this cute sunhat as a gift for a special one year old!

This pattern from 52 Weeks of Crafting was really clear and easy to follow. I didn't do the last couple of rows for the floppy brim, so it is halfway between the cloche and floppy hat. I was able to crochet this in one night, very lucky since I kinda ordered the yarn quite late and got it two days before the party...

Crochet sunhat 2

Yarn: Spring Cotton from Bendigo Mills, and some stash cotton for the blue contrast.
Hook: 4mm plastic hook (not the best, really need to get some more of those Clover ones).

I've been using Bendigo Woollen Mills yarn quite a bit recently, they seem to be a great Australian company. The yarns I have ordered so far have been good quality and great colours. The prices are extremely reasonable, and service is always very quick. If you are in Australia, I definitely recommend checking them out.

Once I finished the hat, I crocheted a quick little flower,  using a pattern from The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller.


crochet sun hat close up

There's plenty more finished objects on Tami's FO Friday blog post, so check them out!

8 comments:

Adrialys said...

That is such a cute hat! I really like the colors :)

Unknown said...

wonderful.. I tend to make the same size as my floppy hats are really too floppy!

Babajeza said...

♥♥♥ Lovely!

Carmela Biscuit said...

So cute, nice color combo!

bookworm-Mary said...

The colors are so bright and cheerful! Such a cute gift!

Nicky said...

those colours look great together and really suit the pattern too. Love it!

Charlotte Helle said...

Oh that's so cute!! It looks great!

Stefanie said...

This is one pretty hat! You did a terrific job on it. Do you find that cotton holds up its shape and size better crocheted?